tabs

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Lasting Memories Challenge - "Something Smells Fishy"

The challenge this week at Lasting Memories is a really fun one!!
"Something Smells Fishy"
Use some kind of fishing idea/technique this week!
Ideas: fishing day, catch of the day, fishy images, hook/net right on your layout, etc.

Here is my take on the challenge :)
I had sooo much fun! First of all I made my very own color of glimmer mist! I mixed up some aqua colored paint with some shimmer white paint and added perfect pearls in Blue Raspberry, you can't see the glimmer in the picture but when I took it out into the sun to take the picture it was so shiny! I also used the same color to splatter some paint on the page, but they came out a little darker, that's ok it adds dimension :) Second I used a spray adhesive to adhere some of Kenzie's sand out of her sandbox (Shhhh.. Don't tell her!) Then I hit it with some Matte Finish by Krylon to keep the sand from rubbing off, it worked like magic! I tried so many different ways to get that to work! And last but not least I used an olddddd scrubby loofah from my bathtub and cut a piece our to act as my "fishing net" behind my photo, I love how this page came out! So creative don't you think? :)
This is Kenzie at the Santa Cruz Boardwalk Beach in California, her very first time at the beach :)
I kept it super simple as far as paper goes, I only used white and the one piece of seafoam green in the rip of the paper.

I used Prima tiny letters for my words and twine from the twinery

The big flower is recollections, the one on the left is Prima and the one on the bottom that is acrylic is Ruby Violet by Prima. I added some tiny shells to tie in with my sand and some prima pearls

A TH vial with some sand and a glimmer misted piece of paper inside for my "note in a bottle" and a charm

Prima candy gems (again) I love these!

A little Paper Bliss tag and metal accent sticker and a close up of my "net" :)

I hope you will join us this week! It was so much fun playing with all the different materials!

I am entering this into the misting challenge over at ScrapFit

HAPPY SCRAPPING!

12 comments:

TeenaBugg38 said...

OMGosh what a great idea with the scrubby thing!!!!! You went all out with the technique girl! I can tell you had a lot of fun creating this layout...it shows!! BTW....there is a misting challenge right now at scrap Fit!!!! You might wanna check it out!!!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

What a stunning layout. First of all the picture of Kenzie is adorable. I love the sand and the net. Going to have to try the sand technique. Very cool. I really do love this one.

paulaexuk said...

Can across your layout on ScrapFIT, oh my goodness, what a wonderful page. I love the colour scheme, the composition, the techniques. I particularly love the sandy area you have created, and who would have thought - a loofah!!! LOL well done.

gracescraps@gmail.com said...

Such a wonderful LO!! Love how you used your mist!! Amazing page and techniques!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

Julie said...

Such a beautiful layout and love the misting job on this. That picture is adorable and all the added embellies are perfect!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFit!!

Haven_mom4 said...

wow. I love all the little details, the mist the sand and the shells

Michele said...

Wow Michelle!! This is STUNNING!!! Love all of your cool ideas! This is just magnificent! So glad you got your MOJO back!! Umm... and can that photo be any cuter?? Seriously!!

K Clark said...

amazing page... love it!! your misting is fab! and i love that pic super cute

Denise Pustelniak said...

Wow, what GREAT techniques on your terrific LO!

Unknown said...

Michelle,
This is breathtaking! I think it is my favorite one you have done so far!This one should be framed!

Karen Wilson said...

Oh Michelle - this was SO worth waiting for. I love this and love how she is so much the focal point and all your idea's, I just love them!! Girl, you've got some talent!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

WOW!!! This is beautiful!!! I love the use of sand and seashells, and the soft blues! Wonderful job!
Lisa