tabs

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Lasting Memories Challenge - "Celebrating Mom's or Someone Special"

It's Sunday again which means another challenge over at Lasting Memories!

This week our challenge is "Celebrating Mom's or Someone Special"
Show us how you celebrate Mother's day or celebrate that special someone

For my layout I used a collage of pictures of Kenzie and I that we got done for Mother's day :)
I started with EP as my background 

I used my own color or glimmer mist, using pink acrylic paint, white shimmer paint, and pink perfect pearls in water and spritzed it in a heart shape pattern to mimic the pattern on the paper. In the upper right I cut a bent v shape to mimic the shape of the top of a heart and lined it with pearls

These beauties are by Little Scraps of Heaven Designs, "A Mother's Love" paper piecings. I added some pearls in their bows and a necklace for mama bear, my title is also part of the same set.

I tried something totally new for me this week as well! I made my very own stick pins! I love love love these!! I also used some recollections flowers and a little Doodlebug Designs "Oh my words" tile, so cute!

I hope you will join us this week over at Lasting Memories!

HAPPY SCRAPPING!

8 comments:

K Clark said...

Michelle your layout is super cute and i love your pictures!!

Michele said...

Super cute photos! I really like how yur "Heart" in the background is a little off center. Just a fun layout!!

Denise Pustelniak said...

Kenzie is such a cutie pie! Michelle, your LO is gorgeous. Love the colors!

TeenaBugg38 said...

Double L I LOVE this!!! EP is my fave paper of all time! I love the heart and the bright color......and omgosh...Kenzie is precious! Great job!!!

Julie said...

Such a great layout...love the fun colors and the misitng on this. Great pictures as well.

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Adorable pictures and layout. Love the colors, the misting, the hat pins, the V shape at the top and especially those adorable bears. I love bears! Everything is so gorgeous together.

Karen Wilson said...

Michelle! Your LO and photo's are ADORABLE and unBEARably cute!!! Love your stick pins!!

Haven_mom4 said...

Going to have to watch the glimmer mist tutorial as soon as I get my speaker hooked up again. Lovely photos