tabs

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Kenzie's First Christmas (2010)

Hi! Over at "Lasting Memories", they are having a design team call for 2012! They are layouts only which is perrrrfecttt for me since I need to get my butt in gear and crank out those layouts of Kenzie's first year. The current design team is amazing, so I wanted to apply for the design team call and complete their challenge this week. Wish me Luck!

Here is the inspirational photo:


And here is the sketch I used that they provided for optional use:


And finally here is my layout!



The picture on the left is so much like the inspirational photo I had to use it! It is Kenzie at only 1 month old admiring the Christmas tree lights :) the one on the right is her little Christmas pjs with reindeer on the feet and says Baby's First Christmas on the tag on her chest.


This is a little tag that came on one of her gifts from this Christmas, I though it was soo cute I wanted to use it as an embellishment. It's one of those little picture things that changes when you move it side to side. I used little metal accent snowflakes and tied twine from the twinery in peapod and maraschino (love their color names!) into a little bow and attached it with a glue dot.


I used metal letters and instead of attaching them with brads or eyelets, I glued them with a zig pen and put little gray rhinestones over the holes, then popped the whole thing up on pop dots.


I used my Martha Stewart score board to accordian fold this strip along the bottom and attached just the ends so it would stay 3D. I then stamped a little circle only halfway underneath and put the year and Kenzie's name.

WISH ME LUCK!

Merry Christmas!

****Update! I made it on the Design Team!!*****



6 comments:

Karen Wilson said...

Hi Michelle!! Oh, this is precious!!! I absolutely agree that the photo is so alike the inspirational pic. I love this! Thank you so much for joining us at Lasting Memories and good luck with the DT!!

Michele said...

HI Michelle! First off... love your name! :-) And of course I love your layout! What a great photo and a great memory. Glad you found us and decided to play along at Lasting Memories. Good luck with the DT!!

Vicki said...

Wonderful layout. Love how you did the title and that you used the tag from her gift. So clever. Good luck, and thanks for joining us at Lasting Memories.

Sandra H said...

Happy new year! these are stunning so love them:) Sandra H

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Love the layout and the picture. I have a granddaughter named Kenzie. Great idea to use the tag from one of her presents. Glad you joined us at LM.

Marie said...

I love your take on this challenge!! Your LO and the photos you used are gorgeous!!! I am loving the accordion technique you used!! Good luck withnthe DT call!